About Preventive Medicine
Prevention is the key to longevity. If you want to live a long, healthy life, it's important to do everything you can to understand your body. This includes eliminating obvious risks, like obesity and smoking, along with identifying hidden risks, like genetic conditions and diseases in the early stages before symptoms appear. At The Colorado Center for Health and Longevity, board-certified physician Dr. Ian Levenson utilizes advanced blood tests, genetic testing, medical imaging along with your medical history and a physical examination to assess your risks for medical diseases, now and in the future. To experience a unique approach to optimizing your internal and external health, schedule an appointment with Dr. Ian Levenson at his office in Greenwood Village, CO.
Our comprehensive physical includes:
- Abdominal and pelvic ultrasound scanning (evaluates your internal organs and whether you have an aortic aneurysm)
- Advanced cholesterol testing
- Carotid intramedial wall thickness testing (measures the blood supply to your brain and the health of your coronary arteries)
- EKG (Electrocardiogram to gather information like your heart rate and rhythm)
- Genetic markers
- Heart calcium scoring (state of the art CT imaging technology to detect if you have plaque in your coronary arteries)
- Inflammatory markers (detects heart disease, which cannot always be detected with cholesterol testing)
- Osteopathic manipulative medicine evaluation
After your comprehensive physical, Dr. Levenson will discuss your results and develop a custom treatment plan to optimize your internal and external health. An online portal provides access to your medical records and your treatment plan. Dr. Levenson and his staff will customize your online resources to match your plan. Along with traditional medical therapy, Dr. Levenson has developed a line of medical-grade nutraceuticals that may assist you in improving your overall health. If your hormone levels are low, Dr. Levenson may suggest bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) pellets. BHRT can help men and women as they age and their levels of estrogen and testosterone decrease, which often leads to many unpleasant symptoms and health problems.
Celebrate 100+ Years
If you want to be happy, healthy, and active when you're celebrating your 100th birthday, you need to start focusing on improving your health now. With preventive medicine, Dr. Ian Levenson assesses your body with a comprehensive physical that determines your current level of health, risk factors, and helps him create a plan to optimize your future. Learn more about preventive medicine by scheduling an appointment at The Colorado Center for Health and Longevity in Greenwood Village.