Meet Dr. Levenson
The medical director and proud founder of The Colorado Center for Health and Longevity, Dr. Ian Levenson, is an experienced physician who is dedicated to his patients. A board-certified doctor of osteopathic medicine and a fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians (FACOFP), Dr. Levenson focuses on preventive medicine, noninvasive sexual enhancement options, and nonsurgical cosmetic treatments that produce natural-looking results while revitalizing the youthful appearance and energy of his patients. As a part of his commitment to his patients, Dr. Levenson seeks out the newest treatments for medical conditions and ways to prevent problems by improving his patients' health. This means training with some of the top physicians in the world, including Dr. Zein Obagi, Dr. Richard Gains, Dr. Charles Runels, and Dr. Gino Tutera.
Specialties and Skills
As medical director for The Colorado Center for Health and Longevity, Dr. Levenson focuses on prevention and regenerative procedures rather than an approach that just covers up the problem. This includes nonsurgical GAINSWave® for erectile dysfunction and FEMIWave® for female sexual dysfunction. Dr. Levenson also offers minimally invasive platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatments for sexual enhancement with the O-Shot® and the P-Shot®. Additionally, he harnesses the rejuvenating properties of PRP for cosmetic treatments like the Vampire Facial, the Vampire Facelift, the Vampire Breast Lift, Vampire Hair Restoration, and the Vampire Wing Lift. To help patients avoid the physical signs and issues of aging, Dr. Levenson offers bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) for men and women. Additionally, Dr. Levenson performs injectable wrinkle treatments with some of the most popular brands (BOTOX, Dysport, Juvéderm, and Restylane) to restore a naturally youthful appearance by reducing facial lines and adding volume.
Education and Training
Dr. Levenson received his undergraduate degree in psychology from Michigan State University in East Lansing. He then earned his doctorate from the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine at A.T. Still University in Kirksville, MO. After this, Dr. Levenson completed a three-year internship and residency in family practice at the Botsford Medical Center in Farmington Hills, MI. He obtained his board certification in osteopathic medicine from the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians in 1984. In addition to his formal education, Dr. Levenson has also trained multiple times with world-renowned physicians like:
- Dr. Richard Gains, the inventor of GAINSWave therapy for erectile dysfunction
- Dr. Charles Runels, a pioneer in platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatments for cosmetic enhancement (Vampire Facelift) and sexual health (O-Shot and P-Shot)
- Dr. Zein Obagi, a renowned dermatologist and creator of the ZO skin care products for professional treatments and home maintenance
- Dr. Gino Tutera, a pioneer in bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT)
Dr. Levenson is an active member of the Colorado medical community, serving in both academic and leadership roles.
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians Committee on Education and Evaluation
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians (ACOFP), Fellow
- American Osteopathic Association
- Colorado ACOFP State Society, President
- Colorado Society of Osteopathic Medicine, President
- Colorado Medical Society
Awards and Honors
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition from vitals.com
- Family Physician of the Year by the Colorado chapter of the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- Healthgrades Honor Roll
- Patients' Choice Award from vitals.com
- Regional Dean, A.T. Still University, Colorado Osteopathic Education Center
- Speaker for global pharmaceutical companies, including Lilly, Astra Zeneca, and Abbott Pharmaceuticals
- Speaker for Quest Labs, Cleveland Heart Labs, and Berkley Heart Labs
When he's not helping his patients, Dr. Levenson enjoys spending time with his wife and two children. To make sure he's a good example of healthy living for his patients, Dr. Levenson is dedicated to staying fit and with the great weather in Colorado, he's able to stay active with outdoor sports like golfing, skiing, and cycling.